Thursday, June 14, 2007

I finally settled upon and ordered a new digicam to upgrade from my old Nikon. It's a point-and-shoot model, as opposed to a DSLR, which would cost me thousands in peripherals that could never be recommissioned for a future different brand. Sorry, but I don't really want to go there. I'm not a professional photographer. So, I got the P5000.

Nikon came out with a line of digicams that are about the size of a deck of cards or a cigarette pack, but most reviews of them say their picture quality really isn't what you expect from a Nikon. People complained about the purple haze on the D1 way back when, too, but the D2 is supposedly fantastic.

My old one was an excellent camera, as far as image quality went. I have a couple of complaints about it, but neither deals with image quality. This one supposedly has excellent image quality as well, with 10.1 Mpx instead of what was top of the line 3.34 at the time. It's just time to upgrade, because I can get three times the Mpx for less than half the cost of my old one, in a much smaller and lighter camera, and the image quality will not be crappy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bud said...

Good luck with that, then! Post some pics when you can.

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home